I’m India since mid-December. I’m now in Kanyakumari
I’m practicing Yoga, long walks to the beach for Sunsets, I travelled from Madurai.
In between, I stay busy moving toward my goals.
Room facing south Kanyakumari – Tamilnadu – India
I wrote 2 bi-weekly, not too bad.
I didn’t write any new posts
I updated my /now page, a long time pending todo item. I’d like to keep it current in the same session I write my bi-weekly.
Although this is a product I don’t plan to release this is the tool I use the most. I have never seen a replacement for it.
I produce a lot of notes by journaling everything I do, I read, I think, I learn. Keeping them organized and searchable is a challenge.
Roughly I spent 4 days coding and 5 days using it. By using the tool I was also testing it.
- The tool was ported by lacked ease of use and reliability. I found a few bugs in the backend in my usage of libraries I use everywhere (fsevent, direntries).
- I installed the pills. That as a long term envy. A way to sort quickly a list of notes ito multiple buckets. Before this feature I had to comb each day multiple times. it’s already long and cumbersome. With 8 pills I can go like 10 times faster. This paid by itself already this week.
- I ported the search feature to native MacOSX. since I moved to Mac last September it was running on a virtaul machine with Windows 10. having the search and the index rebuilding native to MacOSX, I benefit from the performance of the machine. It’s very fast. Spotlight is not bad but not as focused and precise.
Now I have all my notes from 2017 all well sorted are grouped by topic. Everything related to learning-cards is now grouped in a specific folder. The tool let me skim through the notes quickly.
- I refrain to invest too much on this tool, so this will all be done on need only.
- Undo is easy to install. At least one step for moves.
- This app don’t use Redux. It was done before I learned it. Installing redux is a two days work.
- Drag and Drop would vastly help to UX. it’s all ready. There is a great open source component to use. It could be a good application if I need to learn this component in the learning-cards project.
- More features like rotating pictures, trimming are easy because they are almost ready.
During my work on kneaver-notes I practiced electron and react. I’ll be able to apply what I learn on the cards and win back my lost.
kneaver-lrs-srv by designing a really good schema for storing xAPI statements on postgres. The database is now ready for the next step.