What are goals for Professional Development and how to define them
This is the first chat in a series on Professional Development
. We are going to explore all aspects of Professional Development like studying cells of a canva. Professional Devlopment is important for us because it is often the motivation behind a PKM practice. Since we are early January it sounds timely to start with Goals. Now a major difference with our chat of last January on resolutions
which is more what happen after goals have been set or a chat in April about Writing and Sharing Learning Goals
Today we are interested in the way we form goals. Next chat in the serie will be about we turn goals into objectives and build a plan.
– How are Professional Development is related to Personal Development and how it impacts goals formation.
a plan as a purpose, a “raison d’être”. For a company we write a mission statement, I imagine for an individual it’s a similar, a purpose will relate the plan to a larger vision.
– Do you have a purpose for your professional development and/or long term goals. Like what?
– How do you wind back on goals? second thinking? chunking? or do you allow overstretched goals
– Which horizon line do you prefer for Professional Development cycles. Year? 6 Months, Shorter.
– How do you prioritize goals? How many will you retain?
– What to do with unattained previous goals? replan, change, give up?
– What could be Learning goals in Personal Development?
– Are there social and networking among Professional Development goals? Why?
– Could practice be a Professional Development goal? When?
– Could change, enhancement be a Professional Development goal? Like what?
– What is the next step after setting Goals? Your fav strategy?
PKMChat being about Personal Knowledge Management encompass Knowledge lifecycle in general. Our first chat was about learning, acquiring Knowledge. Our second is about sharing it. Week after weeks we will switch from one end of the lifecycle to another while exploring all the channels that could be used: social, formal, writing, videos. Feel free to suggest topics by tweeting to @pkmchat.